Here are few tips to help us remain effective and efficient while we work from home.
1. Get dressed for work. Of course I don’t mean, wearing your normal jacket. Get yourself into the work mode. Resist the temptation to work in your pyjamas or night wear. Your mind wakes up to work when it goes through that process.
2. Create a workspace. If you have a room you can use, that would be great. When you start work, everyone knows you are at work.
3. Get yourself enough data to work remotely. You can receive and send mails. You can have meetings online. You can make transactions online. You must be reachable by colleagues and clients.
4. Resist the temptation to eat at will. There is something about informal work spaces that makes people eat more.
5. Work within your normal work hours. Giving and taking that the time used to commute put in the normal hours.
It is not always easy, however, productivity and effectiveness is really about the hours you put in. Focus is the key word. Meanwhile enjoy the lockdown, remain effective and stay safe.